Legalese Diploma (Semister-2)
411 STUDENTS ENROLLED
- Loan words and phrases from other languages.
- Legal Terms/ Legal Phrases/ Terms of art.
- Legal Terms/words often confused and misused.
- Use of Unfamiliar pro-forms in Legal Language.
- Synonyms and Antonyms in legal writing.
- Specialized words, phrases and idiomatic expressions.
- Words and titles used in Legal Language.
- Legal drafting/ Preparing case brief/summary.
- Famous foreign proverbs in English Legal Language.
- Quotidian words having different/special meanings in law.
- Doublets/Triplets in English Legal Language.
- One word substitutions in Legal Language.
- Propositional phrases.
- Use of Pronominal Adverbs.
- Argumentative writing on current legal issues.
- Study of national and international landmark cases that changed the legal landscape and played a decisive role in development of various laws.
- Reading, comprehending and making notes of all the legal terms and tough words/phrases/idioms etc.
- Legislation Research(Primary and Secondary), Intellectual Property research, Regulatory and Administrative Law Research, International legal research, Case Law Research, Multi-Jurisdictional Research, Issue based Research, Compliance/ Regulatory Research, Market/ competition research, Cause of Action Research, Legal Articles and docs, Case Summaries, Foreign Law Research, Forthcoming laws research, Second Opinions, Legal Briefs etc.
- To gain expert level proficiency in comprehending, reading, writing and making accurate usage of legal terms and terminologies.
- To create and maintain in-depth knowledge and interest in current legal issues, amendment in laws, judicial reviews, court judgments, various national & international laws and cases.
- To develop expertise in comprehending and analyzing various legal texts in different formats, efficiently and accurately.
- To develop creative thinking, analytical skills and legal research skills
- To develop extensive legal research techniques of literature/ previously published material/empirical surveys including collection of data through interviews, surveys, observations, questionnaires etc.
Legalese Diploma (Sem-2) Daily syllabus will include:
- One Vocabulary sheet with exercise and on-line puzzle
- One Legalese sheet with exercises and on-line puzzles
- One legal research assignment.
- One comprehension passage(Landmark case/judgement/judicial review)
- One ‘Conversion of a document in legal format’ assignment.
- One student review sheet
- Students completing only Sem-1 will be eligible to get ‘Certificate in Legalese’.
- Students completing both the semesters will be awarded with ‘Legalese Diploma’